If any of these statements sounds like you and you’re between the ages of 16 and 24, let us help!

  • “I feel stuck and I don’t know what to do about it.  Can someone help me?”
  • “I’m worried about my drug and alcohol use.  Where can I go to get help?”
  • “There’s so many services around but I don’t know what they do, or how they work.  Can someone help me?”
  • “Going to a new agency to talk to new people is scary. Sometimes I get confused by the questions people ask.  Can someone go with me?”

Being more independent has its challenges, like struggling to make decisions regarding:

  • Continuing education or vocation
  • Employment readiness and finding a job
  • Short- and long-term mental health counselling
  • Addictions counselling and treatment
  • Getting connected to financial support
  • Finding a safe place to live
  • Learning to live independently
  • Healthy relationships
  • Health and dental care

If you want counselling or need support at a new agency or if you just need help but don’t know where to go, our Transitional Connector (TC) can assist you.

Why Transition Services?

Mental Health services for children end at age 18 and services for adults begin at age 16. This may make it necessary for you to move from one agency to another to continue receiving mental health services.  Or you may require help connecting to needed community supports.

Our Goal

To provide you with support and stability during the transition process and assist with your emotional well-being and day-to-day activities.

Our Services are available in:

  • Hastings & Prince Edward:  Belleville, Trenton & Picton
  • Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington:  Kingston and Napanee
  • Lanark: Smiths Falls and Perth
  • Leeds & Grenville: Brockville


Read more HERE

Youthab TAY Program