Our TAY Connector, Alix Shilton will be the primary contact in our partnership with the John Howard Society Belleville (JHSB)....
Overview & Mission
Youth Habilitation Quinte Inc. (Youthab) is a community based non-profit organization established in 1984. Our goal is to help young people living in the Quinte area to obtain and maintain safe and affordable housing, good mental health and employment.
Our programs include the Career Edge Employment Programs which include programs specifically designed to assist students in obtaining part time and summer employment, the Community Mental Health Counselling Program and three very specific housing programs: The Transition Home, Cooperative Housing, and the Hastings Housing Resource Centre. We help over 15,000 people each year in the Quinte area. We have over 60 professional and caring counsellors that can offer you the guidance and support you need. All of our services are free and confidential.
Youth Habilitation Quinte (Youthab) supports, connects and empowers individuals to obtain and maintain affordable housing, good mental health and employment, facilitating their transition to independence.
At Youth Habilitation Quinte (Youthab), we believe in the following principles:
- All individuals have the right to be treated with compassion, dignity and respect
- All individuals deserve service of the highest quality to assist them to meet their needs
- All individuals have the right to self-determination; therefore, services should be voluntary and the client, not the service provider, must determine service needs
- We must be accountable at all times to the client, community and funder for the quality of service we provide
- We have the responsibility to advocate on behalf of our clients
- We will provide risk management oversight for all services and operations of the agency to protect the confidentiality and privacy of client and staff information.